3.03.2015

Never stop improving

A couple weeks ago, I was having a horrible day. The only thing getting me through that horrible day was knowing we were going on a date that night! It was a count down the hours and minutes kind of day. The kids were terrorizing everything especially each other, refusing to nap, refusing to eat anything, stripping their beds, I had a headache and zero energy to clean up the disaster zone and to top it all off, I had a meeting in Caldwell (30 minutes away) and got there late and the guy had already left. So I drove around for over an hour with screaming kids throwing things at me for no reason at all. Uhhg! Those days always come at the best time (NOT) so Stephen gets home from work- 30 min late. We are supposed to be leaving in 10 min to meet our friends and I'm in the corner crying, the twins are in diapers and hungry and jumping off anything and everything and the house is basically on fire. Ok there was no fire. Stephen asked me if there was anything he could do to help and I threw some sharp daggers with death stares. Really? The house is on fire and you're a firefighter. Jump in man. (To be clear there was no real fire) Needless to say it was pretty dramatic and our night out was cancelled. But once the kids went down and I stopped seeing red spots in my vision I felt bad for taking it out on the poor Mr. Murray. So he let me take him for a bite to eat at our fav, Zupas. Then after he drove us to the job site where our floors had been freshly sheeted that day. And we wandered around picturing what it would look like all framed up. We ended up in what will be our bedroom and laid down where our bed will soon be and snuggled close looking at the stars. We talked about our dreams for house and for our family and life there, and we also talked through some fears and stresses too. It was incredible the wave of relief I felt in that mans strong arms. How can I ever be mad at this man? He lives for my happiness. He is so supportive and wonderful and sweet. And I love him the most. Sometimes it's easy to take out our frustrations on the ones we love. They are there. They will continue to love us anyway. They have to forgive us for all lunatic behavior. But it has got to stop. Taking out anger and frustration on any person- deserved or not- is not how we should treat each other. This year with all our many goals and ambitions we have written out, I add this to the list. To take care of my mental well being. It is not just for those who have an illness. It is for everyone. In the name of sanity! I know what brings stress relief and peace in my life. I know where to take my frustrations, they gym! I need to make a better effort to get there. To plan time for yoga, some reading/studying and meditation as well as a shopping day with a girlfriend plus a nice healthy dose of chocolate is always necessary for me. It's all good for the soul. Truly know yourself and take care of all your needs: spiritually, physically, mentally. I need to be my best self so I can better care for my family! Because they are what matters most. Hug those you love extra tight today and be grateful to have them in your life:)








1 comment:

  1. seriously needed to read this today. it's always relieving to hear i'm not the only mom to have those days! you are awesome Sidnee. OH! and i'm happy you haven't cut your hair ;) haha. it is def gorgeous and i want mine that long!

    ReplyDelete